A pass in 12th standard or equivalent examination approved by the Nitte University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study, with at least 50% marks in aggregate of optional subjects.
The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission.
Intake & Duration
Duration: 5 yrs
Admission under General category
The admission under the General category will be on the basis of inter-se merit ranking in NEET UG. The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) will allot seats through the process of centralised counselling
Admission under NRI / Management Category
The admission under NRI / Management category is also based on NEET UG ranking. Foreign nationals are also considered for admission under this quota if they have cleared NEET UG. The counselling for this category will also be conducted by KEA.
The payment of fee shall be in foreign currency or in Indian Rupees from the Non Resident External (N.R.E) account of the parent / sponsor.
Documents to be produced at the time of admission
Additional documents to be produced by Foreign nationals
- 10th Std. pass certificate for proof of date of birth – Original + 3 attested copies
- 12th Std. equivalent marks card/pass certificate – Original + 3 attested copies
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last attended – Original + 3 attested copies
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last attended – Original only
- Eligibility Certificate issued by the Registrar, Nitte University
- Migration Certificate from the Board of the institution last attended or (For Non Karnataka students)
- Physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner
- Blood group certificate
- Photographs: Passport size 05, Stamp size 05
- Aadhar card copy of the student
- Employment certificate of the parent / sponsor (For NRI candidates)
- Passport and Residence permit copies of the parent / sponsor (For NRI candidates)
- Valid passport and student visa for the period of study. (Original must be shown for verification. 5 duly-attested photocopies must be produced.)
- Letter of sponsorship if applicable – Original + 5 copies
- *Residential permit from the local SP and FRO
- *No Objection Certificate issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India
* These will be processed once the student reports at the University/Institution.
Commencement of course
The course commences as per the date prescribed by the University, most likely during the first week of August. The exact date will be communicated by the Institution.