Pass in 10+2, with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology and English as one of the languages of study. The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission and should be NEET-UG qualified. NEET qualification is a pre-requisite for admission to BDS.
Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear for NEET-UG.
In addition to the basic eligibility criteria mentioned above, students seeking admission to BDS will be required to qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-UG which will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) generally in May, each year. The responsibility of NTA is limited to the conduct of the Entrance Test, declaration of result and providing the All India NEET Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), New Delhi for counselling 100% seats in Deemed Universities.
Application form for NEET-UG
can be submitted online through the website www.ntaneet.nic.in
on notification. Students are advised to carefully read the Information Bulletin and keep the correct details ready, before submission of the application.
DGHS has entrusted the Counselling and Allotment
of seats to the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Hence, after announcement of results students should register on www.mcc.nic.in - UG Medical Counselling - Deemed/Central Universities
and lock their choice of colleges.
Admission to both Management and NRI category seats in BDS is based on inter-se merit in NEET-UG.
Candidates interested in taking admission under NRI category, will be required to forward the following NRI documents to the email ID provided by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) a few days prior to the commencement of registration:
- Affidavit of the person who is NRI and the sponsor
- Documents claiming that the sponsor is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsor)
- Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017-Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors.
- Affidavit from the sponsor that he/she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate
- Embassy Certificate of the Sponsor
- NEET score card
The fee structure of BDS (Management & NRI categories) is made available on the homepage of our website www.nitte.edu.in
under Course Fee.
Documents required for admission to BDS (Original + 3 attested copies)
Additional documents for NRI admission
- NEET UG allotment letter
- NEET score card & rank letter
- 10th standard marks card
- 12th standard marks card
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Migration certificate
- Physical fitness certificate
- Blood group certificate
- Category certificate (If allotted under particular category)
- Aadhaar card copy of the student
- PAN card copy of the parent
- Photographs: Recent colour photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35 mm x 45 mm (P.P size 5 Nos.) & size 20 mm x 25 mm (Stamp size 5 Nos.)
Additional documents for foreign nationals
- The originals of the documents sent to DGHS / MCC supporting NRI status mentioned above should be submitted
Commencement of Course
- Valid foreign passport and valid visa for the period of study
- Valid Residential Permit in India
- AIDS-free certificate
- Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi
The BDS course commences on the date prescribed by the Dental Council of India,
generally during the first week of August.