Pass in BDS from a recognized Dental College with permanent registration of any State Dental Council. NEET-MDS qualification is a pre-requisite for admission to MDS both under Management & NRI categories.
In addition to the basic eligibility criteria mentioned above, students seeking admission to MDS will be required to qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-MDS which will be conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) generally in December/January each year. The responsibility of NBE is limited to the conduct of NEET-MDS, declaration of the result and providing the NEET-MDS Ranks to DGHS / MCC for counselling 100% seats in Deemed Universities.
Application form for NEET-MDS can be submitted online through the website www.nbe.edu.in on notification. Students are advised to carefully read the Information Bulletin and keep the correct details ready, before submission of the form.
DGHS has entrusted the Counselling and Allotment of seats to the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Hence, after announcement of results, students are required to register on www.mcc.nic.in - PG Medical Counselling - Deemed/Central Universities and lock their choice of colleges.
Admission to both Management and NRI category seats in MDS is based on inter-se merit in NEET-MDS.
Candidates interested in taking admission under NRI category, will be required to forward the following NRI documents to the email ID provided by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) a few days prior to the commencement of registration:
- Affidavit of the person who is NRI and the sponsor
- Documents claiming that the sponsor is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsor)
- Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017-Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors.
- Affidavit from the sponsor that he/ she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate
- Embassy Certificate of the Sponsor
- NEET score card
The fee structure of MDS (Management & NRI) is made available on the homepage of our website www.nitte.edu.in under Course Fee.
Documents required for admission to MDS (Original + 3 attested copies)
Paper I:Applied Basic Sciences
Paper-I : Oral and MaxillofacialRadiology
Paper-II : Oral Medicine, therapeutics and laboratory investigations
Paper-III:Essays- Descriptive and analysing type questions
Other requirements: Dissertation
At the end of the program, graduates will be able to...
- PO1 : Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the applied anatomy of the face and oral cavity, the physiologic processes, pathologic processes and pharmacological applications.
- PO2 : Describe the etiopathogenesis, clinical and radiographic manifestations, investigations, differential diagnosis and management of oro-facial disorders, systemic diseases and maxillofacial trauma.
- PO3 : Discuss the dental considerations and management of medically compromised patients and patients with special needs.
- PO4 : Explain the clinical and radiographic features, investigations, differential diagnosis and management of various syndromes affecting the head and neck.
- PO5 : Discuss the evolution of radiology, physics, biologic effects, protection measures, principles and procedures of conventional and advanced imaging of the head and neck.
- PO6 : Outline the principles, clinical and radiographic aspects of Forensic odontology.
- PO7 : Demonstrate a working knowledge of the medico-legal aspects while handling patients in the dental clinic.
- PO8 : Diagnose, prevent and manage diseases affecting the oral and para-oral structures through established standard protocols by evaluation of the patient’s dental and medical history, systemic examination and investigations.
- PO9 : Communicate effectively and empathetically with patients and explain the disease process, treatment strategies and obtain informed consent.
- PO10 : Undertake the conventional and advanced radiographic procedures for diagnosing oral and maxillofacial disorders through systematic radiographic interpretation and drafting of report.
- PO11 : Exhibit clinical knowledge through lectures, case presentations, seminars and scientific paper presentations.
- PO12 : Demonstrate research skills, conduct research in collaborative teams, manage research projects on a scale appropriate to an early career researcher in the discipline and develop and participate in research networks.
- PO13 : Apply the principles of an evidence-based approach to learning, clinical and professional practice and decision making.
- PO14 : Demonstrate high moral and ethical standards while carrying out clinical and radiographic examinations and demonstrate clinical maturity with a professional attitude towards patients and colleagues.
- PO15 : Employ and undertake research through a literature search of scientific journals and apply the established evidence in management strategies.
- PO16 : Demonstrate the ability to refine current knowledge and skills regularly.
- PO17 : Undertake health promotion, disease prevention and the provision of health care in the community.