Pass in BDS from a recognized Dental College with permanent registration of any State Dental Council. NEET-MDS qualification is a pre-requisite for admission to MDS both under Management & NRI categories.
In addition to the basic eligibility criteria mentioned above, students seeking admission to MDS will be required to qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-MDS which will be conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) generally in December/January each year. The responsibility of NBE is limited to the conduct of NEET-MDS, declaration of the result and providing the NEET-MDS Ranks to DGHS / MCC for counselling 100% seats in Deemed Universities.
Application form for NEET-MDS can be submitted online through the website www.nbe.edu.in on notification. Students are advised to carefully read the Information Bulletin and keep the correct details ready, before submission of the form.
DGHS has entrusted the Counselling and Allotment of seats to the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Hence, after announcement of results, students are required to register on www.mcc.nic.in - PG Medical Counselling - Deemed/Central Universities and lock their choice of colleges.
Admission to both Management and NRI category seats in MDS is based on inter-se merit in NEET-MDS.
Candidates interested in taking admission under NRI category, will be required to forward the following NRI documents to the email ID provided by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) a few days prior to the commencement of registration:
- Affidavit of the person who is NRI and the sponsor
- Documents claiming that the sponsor is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsor)
- Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017-Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors.
- Affidavit from the sponsor that he/ she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate
- Embassy Certificate of the Sponsor
- NEET score card
The fee structure of MDS (Management & NRI) is made available on the homepage of our website www.nitte.edu.in under Course Fee.
Documents required for admission to MDS (Original + 3 attested copies)
- Admit card issued by NBE
- Result/rank letter issued by NBE
- NEET-MDS allotment letter & Score card
- SSLC or equivalent marks card or birth certificate
- BDS Degree marks cards of all years
- Internship completion certificate
- Provisional/BDS Degree certificate
- Dental Council Registration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Migration certificate
- Physically handicapped certificate issued by authorized medical boards (if applicable)
- Physical fitness & Blood group certificate
- PAN card copy of the parent and student
- Aadhaar card copy of the student
- Photographs: Recent colour photo with white background, of resolution 300-600 dpi & size 35 mm x 45 mm (P.P size 5 Nos.) & size 20 mm x 25 mm (Stamp size 5 Nos.)
Additional documents for NRI admission
The originals of the documents sent to DGHS / MCC supporting NRI status should be submitted.
Additional documents for foreign nationals
- Valid foreign passport and valid visa for the period of study
- Valid Residential Permit in India
- AIDS-free certificate
Paper I : Applied Basic Sciences
Paper-I : Conservative Dentistry
Paper-II : Endodontics
Paper-III : Essays-Descriptive and analysing type questions
At the end of the program, graduates will be able to...
- PO1 : Demonstrate an understanding of basic sciences as relevant to conservative/restorative dentistry and Endodontics.
- PO2 : Perform a physical and oral examination of the patient, identify normal and abnormal functioning of various systems of the body, take proper chair side history, examine the patient and perform medical and dental diagnostic procedures; as well as perform relevant tests and interpret them to come to a reasonable diagnosis about the dental condition.
- PO3 : Diagnose and recognize conditions that may require multidisciplinary approach or a clinical situation outside the realm of the specialty, which he or she should be able to recognize and refer to an appropriate specialist.
- PO4 : Perform infection control measures in the dental clinical environment and laboratories.
- PO5 : Adopt ethical principles in all aspects of restorative and contemporary Endodontics including non-surgical and surgical Endodontics.
- PO6 : Perform all levels of restorative work including Aesthetic procedures and treatment of complicated restorative procedures.
- PO7 : Describe and manage etiology, pathophysiology, periapical diagnosis and management of common endodontic situations that will include contemporary management of trauma and pulpal pathosis including endodontic-periodontic considerations.
- PO8 : Diagnose, plan and execute challenging clinical cases requiring comprehensive management strategies using contemporary materials and techniques in the specialty of conservative dentistry and endodontics.
- PO9 : Demonstrate communication skills in particular to explain various options available management and to obtain a true informed consent from the patient.
- PO10: Apply moral and ethical standards while carrying on human or animal research.